All you need to know when you filing for disability online for Social Security, SSI disability or Short term insurance
When applying for disability benefits, it takes lots of patience, effort and time. Regardless of where the benefits are coming from, it can be a lengthy and frustrating process. However, it is possible to apply for your disability benefits online. Applying for your disability online has several advantages.
Internet Disability Benefits Application
You will be able to start your disability claim immediately, and no appointment will be required. The applicants will also be able to do it in the comfort of their homes and on any computer. The applicants do not have travel to the social security office to submit their application. It is also possible to apply even if you are not in the United States.
If you want to apply for your benefits from the Social Security, you must meet some requirement :
- The age of the applicant must be 18 or older.
- The applicant should be unable to work to earn a living because of a medical condition that is expected to last for more than a year or might cause death.
- They should not be receiving benefits of their Social Security record.
Filing Social Security Disability Online
Filing for disability online is not a complicated process. If you meet the requirements above, the first step is to print and review the disability checklist. This list will help you to gather the information you need so that you can complete the application.
The information required in the application.
When applying for your disability benefits, it is important to have the following information at hand:
- About you : When filing for disability online you must have your social security number, the date, and place of birth must be indicated. If you have a spouse, you should have their name, social security number, age and date of birth. The place and date of your marriage will also be required. If you have divorced or the spouse is dead, you should have the dates too. Individuals with minor children will be required to give the names and dates of birth. If you want the benefits to be electronically deposited, you must indicate your account no.
- About your medical condition: you must give the phone number, address, and name of the person who should be contacted about your health condition. You must also provide information about the medical illness, injuries or condition.
- About work : the applicant should indicate the amount of money earned for two years. The address and name of your employer during that period must be shown too. You are also required to present a copy of your social security statement. All the jobs you worked for 15 years.
Some documents will also be needed in the filing for disability online to prove that you are eligible. These include :
- Any proof birth such as a Birth Certificate.
- Documents that proof that the individual is an American citizen if you were born outside the country.
- If you had military service before the year 1968, you must show the discharge papers.
- Some documents that prove your medical condition such as doctor’s reports or some recent test results.
- W-2 forms
The photocopies of your W-2 forms, tax returns, medical reports and self- employment tax will be accepted quickly, but you must present originals for the rest of the documents such as the birth certificate. They are always returned to the applicant later. If you have everything in order, the next step is to mail the documents for your application.
Mail the Documents
When sending your documents through the mail, it is crucial to ensure that the Social Security number is clearly indicated. This will help the officials to match the documents with your online application.
It is also advisable to avoid writing anything on the original documents. The social security number should only be written on a different piece of paper. The paper can then be included in the envelope along with the rest of the documents.
Some individuals would prefer to take their original documents to the social security office. This is also allowed, especially when the birth records are foreign. The officials in the office will examine the documents then return them to you immediately.
Any documents from the Department of Homeland Security or any other document that must be kept with the applicant all the time should not be sent by mail. If these papers get lost, it can be very difficult, extremely expensive and time-consuming to replace. Some of these documents cannot be replaced too.
More Info About Disability
- 1 Internet Disability Benefits Application